Presenting a special weekend conference for all seeking the light of the Buddha Dharma
October 10-12, 2014
Hotel Irvine Jamboree Center
Buddhist Churches of America
In conjunction with:
- 43rd Conference of the Federation of Buddhist Women’s Associations
- Southern District Buddhist Conference
- Southern District Dharma School Teachers League — Annual Conference
Featuring a Diverse Line-up of Speakers
- Dr. Ven. Jue Ji, Director, Institute of Chinese Buddhist Studies, University of the West
- Rev. Shumyo Kojima, Zen Buddhist Priest of the Soto School, Zenshuji Temple
- Rev. Yoshiko Miyaji, Jodo Shinshu Minister
- Rev. Nobuko Miyoshi, Jodo Shinshu Minister, West Covina Buddhist Temple
- Beth Mulligan, Instructor, The Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine, UC Irvine
- Rev. Shoko (Angela) Oh, Priest, Zen Buddhist Rinzai Sect
- Karma Lekshe Tsomo, Professor of Buddhist Studies, University of San Diego
- Rev. Patricia Usuki, Jodo Shinshu Minister, San Fernando Hongwanji Buddhist Temple
- Dr. Duncan Williams, Chairman, USC School of Religion & Director, USC Center for Japanese Religions & Cultures
Friday evening workshops on:
- Dharma School Teachers’ Workshop
- Nenju repair
- Wine making
Special Room Rate for Conference Attendees
The Hotel Irvine has reserved a block of rooms (single or double) at the special conference rate of $115.00 per night plus tax and hotel fees (regular room rate is $365). The rate includes complimentary parking.
Full conference, Friday-Sunday. Includes Saturday lunch and Saturday banquet dinner and entertainment.
Early registration (by August 15): $150
Regular registration: $175
One-day, Saturday-only. Includes Saturday lunch.
Early registration (by August 15): $90
Regular registration: $115
For more information, including how to contact the Hotel Irvine for special conference room rates, visit the BCA Website.